RAIN QUEEN | CORRUGATED STEEL PRODUCTS
Our RainQueen Reservoirs have grown in popularity as one of the easiest, most cost effective and practical large volume water storage units on the market. Having manufactured, delivered and installed over 3000 reservoirs since 2012 we now consider ourselves experts in this field.
Advantage of RainQueen Corrugated Steel Reservoirs:
- Cost effective Water storage solution.
- Minimal site preparation needed.
- Movable (can be disassembled, carefully marked, and reinstalled on a new site if need be).
- Available in various sizes (Diameter: 2m - 12m and height: 1.5m or 2.2m).
- Easy to assemble.
- Can be transported by bakkie or trailer.
- Can be assembled in remote and inaccessible areas.
- Can withstand soil movement better than a concrete reservoir.
Our RainQueen Reservoirs come standard with:
- 550 gram per square meter black PVC liner.
- 3 x 40mm / 50mm outlets (outlet, inlet and overflow).
- Open top (no roof or cover).
- Our Reservoirs can be collected as a DIY kit and installed yourself.
- Alternatively we can quote on delivery and installation.
- Our reservoirs are made from 0,84m wide by 3.44m length sheets of 0,8mm thick galvanised corrugated steel (Z275) that have been curved to match the diameter of your desired reservoir (on larger diameters thicker sheets are used).
- The inside of this corrugated ring has a PVC bag liner that is attached to the top to contain the water.
- 3 x stainless steel (female, threaded) outlets provided (these are positioned and fitted on site).
- 10mm galvanised bolts are used to bolt the individual sheets together.
- Galvanised flange nuts are used for additional strength.
Liner Options Available
Our reservoirs are supplied with a standard black 550 gsm PVC liner. We have two additional options which are not listed on our price list - please be in contact with your closest branch for a quote if you are interested in the alternatives.
- 550 gram per square meter PVC liner
- Suitable for irrigation and livestock
- 720 gram per square meter PVC liner
- 1000 gram per square meter PVC liner
* POTABLE - suitable for the use of storing drinking water for human consumption.
A reservoir build in progress
Outlet Options Available
Our reservoirs come standard with 3 x 40mm or 50mm stainless steel outlets. However, we are able to add additional outlets and different sizes on request.
- 20mm outlet: R210.00
- 40mm outlet: R300.00
- 50mm outlet: R365.00
- 80mm outlet: R850.00
- 100mm outlet: R1 250.00
- Larger than 100mm available on request (these outlets are PVC flange type outlets).
Please note that the above prices exclude fitting and installation.
Reservoir Roof And Covers Available
Our reservoirs come standard with an open top. We can supply either:
- 95% shade cloth cover
- A corrugated steel roof
Our shade cloth covers are the quickest and most affordable solution available. Made from 95% shade cloth material, very little light is able to penetrate the material. They effectively keep the majority of large items from falling into your reservoir, while letting rainwater through.
- The edge of the shade cloth cover is reinforced with strapping.
- Eyelets are placed at regular intervals along the edge through which a 7mm polypropylene rope is threaded and secured at regular intervals on aluminium hooks.
- An additional precautionary white cargo strap and ratchet are used to secure the whole cover in place.
- For any reservoir exceeding 6m in diameter a central PVC pole is supplied.
Our corrugated roof option is the most effective way to seal your reservoir (ideal if you are wanting to store drinking water) and ensure there is no water loss through evaporation.
- Hot dipped galvanised trusses made from square tube are secured across the reservoir.
- Additional lip channel leg supports (bolted to the corrugated wall) are provided to support the roof for the larger diameters where necessary.
- 0,47mm galvanised corrugated steel sheets are then secured in place across the length of the trusses.
- 1 x 400mm manhole is cut into the roof for ease of access.
SITE PREPARATION, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION PROTOCOL, MAINTENANCE AND UPKEEP
All of our reservoirs can be supplied as a DIY kit that can be collected from your nearest branch. We are able to quote on delivery and installation should you need.
The site preparation for each reservoir needs to be completed by the customer prior to delivery as we do not offer this service.
We typically recommend that the site be a well compacted, level and smooth earth base.
As soon as we are satisfied that the site is ready we will schedule a delivery and installation date.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO POSTPONE ANY INSTALLATION IF, ON ARRIVAL, WE SEE THAT THE SITE IS NOT TO OUR SPECIFICATIONS.
Once the reservoir has been completed we highly recommend that your reservoir be filled at least ¼ immediately. This will ensure that the liner is kept in place and provides stability against high winds.
It is also highly advisable to keep your reservoir full at all times. This will help protect the liner against UV and wind damage.