Streamline tanks are oval tanks (equivalent to the Australian slimline corrugated tank). Space saving and less conspicuous as their long straight sides allow them to fit flush against a wall and will even tuck under the eaves of a home. The height can be chosen so as to even fit beneath a window. Streamline tanks have a modern, appealing look to them and fit in with most new house designs.
- Streamline tanks have additional bracing to stop the long walls bowing with water pressure. These braces are stainless steel (to prevent corrosion).
- Tank sides – galvanised corrugated steel.
- Thickness of steel – in most cases 0.8mm. The sections are joined using stainless steel rivets.
- Base – underside coated with a rubberised bitumen paint that prevents corrosion.
- Roof – made of flat sheeting with a 400mm manhole and a lid. The gutter down pipe normally enters the tank through a hole in the lid. This should be a close fit to stop light entering the tank and is normally done on site by the customer so as to ensure the correct position.
- Outlets and overflows – standard fittings include a 40mm threaded outlet and a 40mm threaded overflow and two eye bolts (to fasten the tank to its stand).
- A leaf trap that fits into the manhole. This consists of a stainless steel mosquito-proof mesh that prevents leaves and other debris from entering the tank.
- Additional outlets / overflows can be fitted according to the customers requirements.
SIZES AND PRICING
Please Note: Not all roof/gutter combinations are an ideal match for a corrugated steel tank. To ensure the long-term longevity of your tank please click here to check tank compatibility. The alternative option is to have your tank painted internally with a food grade polyurethane paint.
|Litres||Width||Length||Height||Price without coating||Price with coating|
|700||800mm||1300mm||800mm||R 3 305.00||R4 055.00|
|920||550mm||1300mm||1500mm||R 4 020.00||R5 020.00|
|1080||800mm||1800mm||800mm||R 4 070.00||R5 170.00|
|1300||800mm||1300mm||1500mm||R 4 450.00||R5 650.00|
|2000||875mm||1300mm||2200mm||R 7 120.00||R8 720.00|
|2000||875mm||1800mm||1500mm||R 7 120.00||R8 720.00|
|2600||875mm||1600mm||2200mm||R 8 070.00||R9 970.00|
|3000||875mm||1825mm||2200mm||R 10 450.00||R12 550.00|